Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Booking a room/resource with Outlook 2013
- Open the Calendar section in Outlook.
- Open a new appointment or meeting.
- Switch to the Scheduling Assistant and click Add Room.
- Locate and double-click the resource to add it to the rooms bar at the bottom. To filter the list, you can either type the name of the resource, or switch to more columns and enter the room number etc.
- Click OK.
- When you've set an appropriate date, time and subject, and added participants as you would for any other meeting, click Send.
- You will receive a response when the owner has reviewed the booking. In most cases room bookings send an automatic response email.
Booking a room with a video conference session
If you require a Video Conference Session for your room booking you need to also book a Skype for Business meeting.
I can't find the room in Outlook
Centrally managed rooms cannot be booked within Outlook. These rooms need to be booked through room bookings.