Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to setup Deakin email/calendar in Outlook (Mac)
These instructions assume you have already installed Office 2016 on your Mac computer, and have an active internet connection. These instructions can also be used to configure Outlook 2011 for Mac, however this older version may look slightly different.
- Open Outlook by selecting Applications > Microsoft Outlook.
- If this is the first time you've opened Outlook, the “Set Up Your Email” window will open automatically. If prompted, choose a look and feel for Office (Colourful or Classic), then Continue. Skip to Step 5 to continue.
- If you have previously opened Outlook, select Outlook > Preferences > Accounts.
- Click Add Email Account button in the Accounts window, or the "+" symbol to the bottom left of the window.
- Enter your Exchange account information, then click Continue.
Your Deakin email address will differ. If you do not know your email address, it should look something like the following:
- After a few moments, you'll be prompted for Exchange account details:
Method: Select "Username and Password".
Email Address: Please use your student or staff email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DOMAIN\username or Email: Again, use your student or staff email address (email@example.com).
Password: your Deakin password (Forgot your password? Use the Password Reset portal here).
- Click Add Account.
- You will be prompted to sign in via Deakin's Single Sign On (SSO) portal. If you are a staff member, you will also be required to use MFA to verify your credentials.
- After a few moments, your account will be added. Click Done to start working with Outlook, or Add Another Account to setup another email address.
- The "Accounts" window can now be closed, if it was open.
The configuration is now complete. Your email and other Exchange data will start downloading.
Need further help?
For any further help, contact the IT Service Desk.