Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to forward your Deakin email to another Deakin email address using Outlook
Note: This is for Staff Only.
- From the Home tab, click Rules and select Manage Rules & Alerts...
- Click New Rule.
- At Select a template, under Start from a blank rule, click Apply rule on messages I receive, click Next.
- Under Select Condition(s), don't select anything - click Next.
- In the caution window This rule will be applied to every message you receive. Is this correct?, click Yes.
- Under Select actions(s)
- Tick delete it (otherwise a copy is kept in your Inbox).
- Then Tick one of the following:
- Redirect it to people or public group (Recipients in the To and CC fields are removed).
- Forward it to people or public group (To and CC is kept in the message, but need to be copied into the To field on a reply).
- Forward it to people or public group as an attachment (the attachment can be opened and replied to directly).
- Under Edit the rule description (click an underlined value), click people or public group.
- Select an email account to forward/redirect your email to, then click OK.
- Click Next, click Next, click Finish.
Removing the Email forward
1. From the Home tab, click Rules and select Manage Rules & Alerts...
2. Find the rule you created for the Email forward/redirect, highlight it and click on Delete.