Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Video conferencing - how to make a conference call using a Tandberg remote
Note: For video conferences with more than two parties, please see Video conferencing - how to join a Virtual Meeting Point.
Prepare for a video conference call
- Switch on lights in the room, and draw blinds or curtains to reduce glare.
- Close doors and turn off radios to reduce noise.
- Place the microphone(s) on the table, within an arm's reach of everyone taking part in the video conference.
The Tandberg remote
- Find the remote control for the unit.
- Familiarise yourself with the remote control. This is the phone book button (below). It will take you to the phone book to select a site to dial.
- These are the arrow keys. Use the arrow keys to scroll through the phone book. The green telephone button dials the number for you.
Make a video conference call
- Press the phone book button on the remote control. A list of phone books will display.
- Use the arrow keys on the remote control to highlight the relevant phone book.
- Press the right arrow key on the remote control to expand the phone book. A list of rooms will display. Use the arrow keys to highlight the room you wish to dial, then press OK on the remote control.
- A screen will appear, displaying the phone number of the unit you wish to dial. Press OK on the remote control to start the call.
End a video conference call
- Press the red End Call icon on the remote control.
- When a display similar to the one below appears, press the red End Call icon again to terminate the call.
- The other participants in the video conference will hear a sound to indicate you have disconnected.