Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Wi-Fi (eduroam) on an Android device
- Open Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi > Deakin Setup.
- Open your preferred web browser and type www.deakin.edu.au in the address bar, tap enter.
(On some devices a web browser may automatically open and direct you to the eduroam setup page, therefore not requiring this step.)
- You will be re-directed to the Deakin University eduroam setup page, click on the link Step 1: download and install the Android App.
Tip: If your device does not have an app to manage file downloads, you can find many free download manager apps in the Google Play Store.
- Tap OK when prompted with the warning.
- The SecureW2_JoinNow.apk file will download.
- Once the download has completed, Tap on it to prompt Installation.
(You will need to ensure your device is enabled to install non-play store apps. To do this go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources)
- Once the Application has installed, Tap Done (Do Not Open).
- Navigate back to your web browser, and tap JoinNow.
- The configuration will load. Enter your Deakin Username and Password, tap Continue.
- You are now successfully connected to eduroam.
Having trouble connecting?
If you have previously connected to eduroam and are now having trouble reconnecting, you may need to remove the saved Eduroam settings and then reconfigure the connection.
- Open Settings
- Tap Wi-Fi > eduroam
- Select Forget
- Go through the connection process previously described in this article