Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to install the Print@Deakin service on your personal Windows computer
You can install Deakin's Managed Print Service, Print@Deakin, on your Windows personal computer using the following instructions.
- Do not use these instructions for a Deakin Desktop computer. This service is installed differently on staff and student lab workstations. Only use these instructions if you wish to print at Deakin from a Windows computer not managed by Deakin eSolutions.
- Please be aware, the service must be actively running on your computer for you to be able to print.
- Before using these instructions, ensure you are connected to the Deakin network. If you are not on a Deakin campus, establish a secure connection to the Deakin network using Deakin VPN.
- This process could take as long as 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient.
- You will not be able to print unless the PaperCut service is running on your computer. You will know it is running when the PaperCut icon is visible in the Windows system tray (see below). If required, you can launch it from the Start Menu.
Installing the printer driver and desktop gadget
- Go to the Deakin Software Library
- Type "Papercut" into the Search box and click PaperCut Print Client in the results
- Select and download the PaperCut Print Client Download for Windows
- Enter your Deakin username and password to download the installer
- Run the installer and follow the prompts, accepting all default settings.
The installer will then install the Deakin print queues. There is no progress bar displayed. This may give the appearance that this step is not working. It may take several minutes for the printer queue information to be pulled from the server to your computer. This is due to variables out of our control, such as network traffic and your machine's specifications etc
- Enter your Deakin username and password when prompted