Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to install the Print@Deakin service on your personal Mac OS X computer
How to print at Deakin on your personal Mac
- Mac is connected to the Deakin network
Install and run the PaperCut Client
- Go to the Deakin Software Library and search for Papercut.
- Select "PaperCut Print Client", scroll down, then select "Download for Mac".
- Enter your Deakin username and password to download the installer.
- When the download completes, navigate to the file in Finder, then right-click (or hold the control button and click on the file), then select Open.
- Select Open on the following message.
If you get the following error, make sure you are holding the control key when selecting the file, then select Open
- Select Continue and follow the prompts to install the software, entering your Mac password when prompted
- Once the installation is complete, launch PCClient (i.e. PaperCut) from the Applications folder
- Log in to PaperCut using your Deakin username and password
- Open the System Preferences app and select Print and Scan and confirm a print queue is listed for Burwood, Geelong and/or Warrnambool
- When printing at Deakin, make sure to select one of the Deakin printer services (Deakin_Burwood_Printer, or Deakin_Geelong_Printer, etc.)
- When submitting the job, a message will appear saying it is being held in a queue, waiting for you to release at your preferred printer.
- Log in at a printer using your ID card or login credentials.