Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to sync your Office 365(OneDrive) files to a Windows PC
- Login to Deakin's Office 365 and open OneDrive.
- Click on Sync in the toolbar.
- Some browsers will ask which application you would like to use to open the link, select OneDrive and click OK.
(If prompted, confirm the security exception)
- You'll be asked to sign-in again as a security check. Remember to sign-in with your Deakin email address.
- Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student - email@example.com
- Click on Sync Now - when syncing starts, you'll receive several messages telling you what's happening. Sync time will depend on the number and size of files you have and the speed of your internet connection. Keep busy with other things while syncing completes.
- While syncing is underway, click Show My Files to see your OneDrive library in File Explorer.
- A OneDrive folder will be added to Explorer. You can now drag-and-drop files directly into OneDrive from Explorer. You can add this folder location to your favorites.