Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to configure Deakin email/calendar in Outlook 2013 (Windows)
Warning: Deakin Desktop computers are pre-configured with Outlook. These instructions only apply to non-Deakin computers, and assume you already have Office 2013 installed.
To configure Deakin email on a non-Deakin computer:
- Open Outlook, click File.
- Click Add Account.
- Enter your details as prompted, then click Next.
- Your name: Firstname Lastname
- Your Email address:
- Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student - email@example.com
- Your Deakin password
- click Next.
If you receive an error "An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available", reboot your PC.
If you still receive an error, install available Windows updates, then reboot your PC.
- Outlook will search for your email server settings, and advise you if successful. Click Finish.
If you need the server settings to enter manually, see Deakin email server settings.
- You will be prompted to restart Outlook.
- Upon the restart of Outlook, you will be prompted to enter your Deakin email address and password (same as you entered for Step 7).
You can tick Remember my credentials if you would like Outlook to keep this information.
- Outlook will require some time to prepare for first use.
- Once Outlook opens, it will still require some time to fully sync your mailbox and calendar, as indicated by the bottom bar.