Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I restore a OneDrive document to an earlier version?
As you create and edit documents using Office 365 online, they are automatically saved to your OneDrive location as a "version".
If you have been working on a document for some time, you will have a number of versions saved. You are able to compare earlier versions of a document with the latest version to see what has changed. You can then restore the document to an earlier version.
- Open Office365, and click OneDrive.
- Find the document in the list, then click on the ellipsis.
- Click Version History.
- You will be presented with the version history dialog box. Click on the relevant time stamp under Modified to open the document within the application - this will allow you to check if this is the correct version you would like to restore the document back to.
- Click the ellipsis located next to the time stamp, then click Restore.
- Click OK.
- Close the version history dialog box.