Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Wi-Fi (eduroam) on Windows 8 RT
The following guide will assist with:
Connecting to Eduroam
- Select Wi-Fi and connect to eduroam.
- Enter your "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Enter your password
If you are having trouble connecting to eduroam by following the steps above please follow the instructions below to connect using Deakin Setup.
Connecting to Eduroam using Deakin Setup
- Swipe in from right edge of your screen to make the Charm bar appear. Tap Settings.
- Tap the Available networks symbol.
- Select the Deakin Setup network. Un-tick Connect automatically, and tap Connect.
- Open your preferred web brower and type www.deakin.edu.au in the address bar, press enter.
(A web browser may automatically open and direct you to the eduroam setup page, therefore not requiring this step)
- You will be re-directed to the Deakin University eduroam setup page, tap JoinNow.
- You will be prompted to download the SecureW2_JoinNow.cmd file, tap Save, then Run.
- Tap Run when prompted with the security warning.
- You will receive the message stating the wireless profile has been installed, Tap OK.
- Tap the wireless network symbol in the Task Bar.
- Tap eduroam, then Connect (check the Connect automatically box).
- Enter your Deakin username (enter as email@example.com) and Deakin Password. Tap OK.
Whenever you return to a Deakin campus, your device will automatically connect to the Eduroam wireless network.