Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Wi-Fi (eduroam) on Windows 8
The following guide will assist with:
Connecting to Eduroam
- Select Wi-Fi and connect to eduroam.
- Enter your email@example.com
- Enter your password
If you are having trouble connecting to eduroam by following the steps above please follow the instructions below to connect using Deakin Setup.
Connecting to Eduroam using Deakin Setup
- Move your cursor to the top right corner of your screen to make the Charm bar appear and select Settings
- Select the Available networks symbol
- Select the Deakin Setup network
- Un-check Connect automatically and select Connect
- Go to the webpage www.deakin.edu.au (A web browser may automatically open and direct you to the eduroam setup page, therefore not requiring this step)
- Select JoinNow
- Select Save File
- Open the file you just downloaded
- Select Yes when prompted by User Account Control
- Type your Deakin Username and Deakin Password
- Select Next
- Select Done after the program finishes configuring
Whenever you return to a Deakin campus, your device will automatically connect to the Eduroam wireless network.
Eduroam not connecting?
- Left click on the wireless icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (near the clock) to bring up the network selection screen
- Right click on Eduroam and select Forget
- Run through the setup process again