Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Establishing a secure(VPN) connection to Deakin using Junos Pulse Secure (Windows)
Install the Pulse Secure software
- Go to the Deakin Software Library, under Connectivity tools select Deakin Secure VPN Connection clients.
- Download the Pulse Secure (Junos Pulse) client for Windows.
- Launch the Pulse Secure installer. The program will install the software and required settings - no further action is required.
Start the secure (VPN) connection
- Search the installed programs on your computer and open Pulse Secure - the Pulse Secure start up screen will be displayed.
- Under Connections > Deakin VPN - click Connect.
- Enter your Deakin Username and Password - this will establish a secure connection to the Deakin network.
- Close the Pulse Secure window - your connection will remain active, this just closes the window.
- An active connection is indicated by a green arrow over the Pulse Secure icon located in the System Tray.
(Alternatively, hover over the Pulse Secure icon in the System Tray)
Disconnect the secure (VPN) connection
- To end your secure connection, double click on the Pulse Secure icon in the system tray, and click Disconnect.
- Close the Pulse Secure window - the application will remain running.
- If you would like to exit the application completely, click on the Pulse Secure icon located in the System Tray and select Exit.
If Pulse Secure does not work after a Windows update, please try re-installing it.