Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Changing your Deakin password using a Deakin Mac
Note: Each time you change your Deakin password, you will also need to update the password for the Deakin services you are using on your mobile device(s) (for example: email, wi-fi). If you don't update your details, your account may be locked, as your mobile devices will continually try to use your old password. Please close Outlook prior to changing your password for the same reason.
- Ensure all applications are closed. Click the Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Users and Groups.
- Under the password section, click Change Password.
- Update password as required, and click Change password.
- Log off, then log on again.
- When you log on again, you may be prompted by several applications to enter the new password. Tick 'Remember this password in my Keychain'.
- Alternatively, after you've logged in, you can update each password in the Keychain individually:
- Open Finder. Click Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- In the left-hand panel, under Keychains, select login. Under Category, select Passwords.
- In the top-right corner, search for 'deakin'. This will list all Deakin-related Keychain items.
- Double-click on a Deakin-related application, for example: Network share drive.
- Tick Show Password.
- At the next prompt, enter the new Password and click Allow.
- Now update the old password, then click Save Changes.
Repeat step 7 until all Deakin-related passwords have been updated.
For staff members that are currently off-campus with a Deakin Mac, a connection to the Deakin network must be established via Junos Pulse before attempting the steps above to change your password. For instructions on how to download and install Junos Pulse, click on the following link to view instructions for establishing a secure (VPN) connection to Deakin using Pulse Secure (Mac OS X).
After a secure VPN connection has been established, follow the instructions above (under On campus) to change your password.