Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to archive Deakin email to a PST file using the eSolutions web tool
The eSolutions web tool allows you to export some or all of your Outlook Mailbox Data to a Personal Storage Table (PST) file, which is a locally-stored data file that can be opened in Outlook. Once the PST file is generated, an email will be sent to you detailing how to access this file.
Please note that the maintenance and backup of exported PST files is your responsibility.
To archive your email
- Open the Export Exchange Mailbox web tool.
- Enter the following details:
- Username - Your Deakin username
- Notify Email Address - Must be a current Deakin email address.
- Start Date - Start date of the time frame you require emails to be archived.
- End Date - End date of the time frame you require emails to be archived.
- Click Submit.
- A message will appear advising of success (or error).
- Processing can take time, depending on how many emails need to be processed (allow several hours for large mailboxes).
- You will receive an email detailing the export status. Click on the link provided to download the PST file.
- Make sure to save the PST file to a safe location (network share/home drive, cloud storage), as it is your responsibility to back it up.
For information on how to open a PST file using Outlook 2013, please see the Microsoft help article.