Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Where has my saved email attachment gone in Outlook 2011 (Mac)?
When an email attachment is opened from within Outlook, it is initially stored in a temporary folder.
To find the temporarily stored copy
With the document open in its parent application (e.g. Microsoft Word), hold down the Command (⌘) key on the keyboard, then click the file's icon at the top of the window.
- The folder structure for where the file has been temporarily saved appears. Choose "Outlook Temp".
- The Outlook Temp folder opens in Finder. Move or copy the file to a permanent storage location (for example your "Documents" folder).
Save attachments directly from Outlook
- In Outlook, right-click (or control-click) the attachment icon.
- Choose Save As... (or Save All... to save all the attachments).
- Choose a permanent storage location for the attachment(s) and click Save.