Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I create a Skype for Business (Lync) meeting/webinar in Outlook?(Windows)
Lync 2013 has recently been rebranded as Skype for Business 2015. Skype for Business merges the features of Lync with the look and feel of Skype. See also How do I get started with Skype for Business?.
You can videoconference with anyone inside or outside Deakin by inviting them to an online meeting that you schedule in Outlook. Attendees simply click an email link to join the meeting, either using Skype for Business (Lync) on their computer, the Lync app on a mobile device or using their web-browser.
To schedule an online meeting
- Open your Outlook 2013 calendar and click New Appointment.
- In the Appointment window, click New Skype Meeting.
Outlook will add the Lync (Skype for Business) online meeting controls into the appointment.
- Invite contacts by entering their name or email address in the To... bar separated by semi-colons (use the full email address if inviting an external attendee).
It is recommended that you also email external contacts a link to the online helpsheet Join a Skype for Business (Lync) Meeting from Skype for Business Web App.
- Enter the meeting details.
- Click Meeting Options to change the online meeting options.
- Click Scheduling Assistant to add rooms and resources as normal (if required).
- Click Send.
For a Deakin contact to join the meeting online
- Click Join Online in the Outlook meeting reminder.
- OR - Open the appointment in your Outlook calendar and click the Join Lync Meeting (Join Skype Meeting) hyperlink.
- Select Use Skype for Business (full audio and video) and click OK.
An online meeting window will open with audio only.
- Click the Video icon to start your video.
- Click the End Call icon to leave the online meeting.
The online meeting ends when all participants have left the meeting.