Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I book a Virtual Meeting Point (VMP) for a video conference?
A Virtual Meeting Point (VMP) allows staff to connect to each other in a video conference. There are many ways to connect to a Virtual Meeting Point, including the use of Skype for Business on your computer or mobile device, a dedicated video conference unit located in an office or teaching space, or an integrated video conference system in a lecture theatre.
Book a VMP using the Outlook Web App (OWA)
You can use any web browser to book a VMP using OWA.
- Sign in to OWA using your Deakin username and password.
- Click Calendar.
- Click + New event.
- Fill out all the other event details, then click on the Add attendees + plus symbol located on the right side of the Attendees field.
- Click on the expand folder pane (double arrow) icon, then select All Virtual Meeting Points.
- Choose the required VMP from the list, then click on the + plus symbol next to it to add it to the required attendees - click OK.
- You can use the Scheduling Assistant to make sure there are no booking conflicts before clicking Send.
Book a Virtual Meeting Point using Outlook 2013
- Check to see if the Virtual Meeting Point is already booked - see check if a Virtual Meeting Point (VMP) is booked using Outlook 2013
- Create a new meeting in Outlook Calendar. Click the Calendar tab then New Meeting > New Meeting.
- Click the To... button.
- Click on Global Address List and choose All Virtual Meeting Points from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the required VMP in the list, then double-click on it and click OK.
How do I connect to the VMP?
For some of the various methods, please see the following Knowledge articles: