Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Wi-Fi (eduroam) on MacOS
The following guide will assist with:
Connecting to Eduroam
- Select Wi-Fi and connect to eduroam.
- Enter your "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Enter your password
If you are having trouble connecting to eduroam by following the steps above please follow the instructions below to connect using Deakin Setup.
Connecting to Eduroam using Deakin Setup
- Select on the icon in the menu bar
- Ensure Wi-Fi is on
- Select Deakin Setup
- If your computer doesn't automatically open the JoinNow webpage, open a web browser, type www.deakin.edu.au OR 220.127.116.11 in the address bar and press enter
- Select JoinNow
- The WiFi_Deakin_University_Wrapper.dmg setup file will download to your specified downloads folder
- Open the WiFi_Deakin_University_Wrapper.dmg disk image setup file
- Double click the WiFi_Deakin_University_Wrapper
- Select Open
- Enter your Deakin username and password
- Select Next
- Enter your Mac password in order to make a settings change.
- Select Done when the application finishes running through the configuration process
- You are now connected to Deakin eduroam
How do I remove this setup?
See How do I forget a Wi-Fi network on my personal Mac? to remove this setup.