Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Recovering deleted email or calendar items (Outlook 2013)
Within 30 days of deletion
Use Outlook's Recover Deleted Items option to restore deleted items.
- Select the Deleted Items folder.
- Ensure the item(s) you're looking for are not in the Deleted Items folder.
- Select the Folder ribbon tab > Recover Deleted Items.
- Select the items you want to restore and click Recover Selected Items.
- The items will be recovered to the Deleted Items folder.
If the item cannot be found (within 44 days of deletion)
- If it is within 44 days of deletion, contact the IT Service Desk to request a Deleted Item Discovery Search.
- If it is 44 days after deletion, mail and calendar items cannot be restored.
These options will only restore the selected mail/calendar item. They will not restore the folder structure containing the items. You will need to manually recreate your folder structure, if required.