Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I setup delegate access in Outlook 2013 (Windows)?
To give a delegate sufficient permissions to accept meeting requests for another staff member, you must:
- Click the File tab.
- Select Account Settings > Delegate Access.
- Click Add.
- Navigate to and select the account you want to make a delegate for, and click Add then OK.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Delegate Permissions dialogue box, give the delegate Editor (can read, create, and change items) permissions in the staff member's Calendar or Tasks folder and at least Reviewer (can read items) permissions in the Inbox.
- Click OK to close the Delegate Permissions dialogue box, then check the box at either My delegates only, but send a copy of meeting requests and responses to me or My delegates only then click OK.
Click any tab to return to your file.
To respond to meeting requests
- Open the staff member's Inbox if their meeting requests are not sent to you directly.
- Open the meeting request.
- Click Accept, Tentative, or Decline.
To send a meeting request
- Open the staff member's calendar.
- On the Home tab. In the New group, click New Meeting.
- Enter the attendees, subject, location, and start and end times as required.