Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
What is the PaperCut Print Client Software?
The PaperCut client software is provided to facilitate the following tasks when using Print@Deakin:
- Allow students to view their current account balance via a popup window.
- Provide users with a "last chance" before printing, confirming what they are about to print.
- Allow users to select shared accounts via a popup, if administrators have granted access to this feature.
- Display system messages such as the "low credit" warning message for students or print policy popups.
- Enables staff to monitor their print usage. Shows usage as a negative balance based on print outputs. The balance is charged to the Faculty, Institute or other area monthly.
Can I install the Papercut Client software and print from my personal computer?
Yes, you can search for help articles in relation to installing the Papercut Client on a non-Deakin computer.