Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Scan a document directly to someone other than yourself
Warning: It is recommended that staff scan all documents to themselves, and then forward them from their inbox so they can confirm the document(s) have been sent. But, scanning directly to someone else with an @deakin.edu.au email address is also possible.
How to scan a document to another staff member
- Swipe your Deakin Card at the printer to log in.
- Press the Scanner button, located on the left-hand side of the control panel.
- At the scan screen, select Manual Entry.
- Type the name of the person to whom you wish to send the scan, as it would appear in their Deakin email address (for example, firstname.lastname). Select the User Text tab, located at the bottom of the screen.
- Select @deakin.edu.au, and press OK.
- Place your documents face-up in the document feeder, or face-down on the glass. Press Start to scan.