Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to burn a CD/DVD using Windows?
- Insert a blank CD or DVD into the CD/DVD drive.
- Click Start > Computer and double-click the DVD drive (normally E:).
- Choose With a CD/DVD player for better compatibility with other devices, and to create a permanent back-up or archive of your documents.
- Click Next.
Note: If you choose the Like a USB flash drive option, you will be able to save, edit or delete files on the disc at any time. However, the disc may not be compatible with some computers.
- After Windows has formatted the disk, a blank folder will appear. Drag items into this folder. Alternatively, you can add items to your disk. Right-click on a file or folder, then choose Send To > DVD Drive.
- Click Start > Computer. Double-click your DVD drive.
- Before burning your CD or DVD, revise the items that will be burned.
- Click Burn to disc.
- Click Next and wait for the burning process to complete.