Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to setup Deakin email/calendar in Outlook (Windows)
- Open Outlook, click File.
- Click Add account.
- Enter your details as prompted:
Your name: Firstname Lastname
Email Address: Please use your student or staff email address (email@example.com).
Password: Your Deakin password (Forgot your password? Use the Password Reset portal here).
- click Next.
- Outlook will search for your email server settings, and advise you if successful. Click Finish.
For manual server settings, see Deakin email server settings.
- You will be prompted to sign on via Deakin's Single Sign On (SSO) portal. If you are a staff member, you will also be required to use MFA to verify your credentials.
- Upon the restart of Outlook, you will be prompted to for your credentials. You can tick "Remember my credentials" if you would like Outlook to keep this information.
- Outlook will require some time to prepare for first use. It will still require some time to fully sync your mailbox and calendar, as indicated by the bottom bar. Once it is complete, you are ready to use Outlook.