Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Wi-Fi (Wifi, eduroam) on iPad/iPhone/iPod
The following guide will assist with:
Connecting to Eduroam
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Wi-Fi from the left-side menu.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi is on then select Deakin Setup.
- Open web browser, type www.deakin.edu.au in the address bar and press Go.
- Enter your Deakin username.
- Select Join Now.
- Select Install when prompted to install the Deakin University eduroam profile.
- Select Install when prompted with the Certificate warning.
- Enter your device passcode if prompted.
- Enter your Deakin University password and select Next.
- Select Done.
- You will now be connected to the eduroam network.
Troubleshooting a previously connected device
I'm prompted for a password
Please enter your current Deakin password.
You will see this after changing your Deakin password. If this prompt continually re-appears it may indicate that your IT account is locked. Please contact the IT Service Desk to have your account unlocked.
I'm receiving a certificate warning
Deakin has a requirement to periodically update the certificate used to secure the wi-fi network. If your device has an outdated certificate you may receive notification to update it.
By selecting Accept Certificate, the certificate will update and allow your device to connect to eduroam.
I still cannot connect!
If all else fails, remove the current eduroam configuration and set it up again.