Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I transfer a phone call with Skype for Business (Lync)? (Windows)
To accept an incoming call
When the call 'pop-up' appears, take a moment to put on your headset.
Click the Accept icon to take the call.
To transfer an incoming call
First, click the Accept icon to take the call.
In the call window, click the Call Controls icon to reveal the dial-pad.
Click the Transfer icon.
- In the search box, type the contact name or extension number to transfer the call to and then click Transfer.
To divert an incoming call
- When the call 'pop-up' appears, click Options.
- Select one of the options:
- Voicemail to divert the call to your voicemail.
- Reply by IM to reply by instant message instead (only available if the person is calling you from Skype for Business (Lync), not for regular phone calls).
- Set to Do Not Disturb to reject the call and divert it to your voicemail, then reset your presence to Do Not Disturb.