Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I transfer a phone call with Lync? (Mac)
Deakin Staff who have been transitioned to Lync Voice can make and receive phone calls without a deskphone using Lync on their Mac PC.
For Windows computers, please see How do I transfer a phone call with Lync? (Windows)
To accept an incoming call
1. When the call 'pop-up' appears, take a moment to put on your headset.
2. Click Accept to accept the call.
To transfer a call
1. First, accept the incoming call
2. Click the Transfer Call icon.
3. Select Other Person or Number.
4. In the search box, type the contact name or extension number you wish to transfer the call to.
5. Press Enter to transfer the call.
To divert an incoming call
1. When the call 'pop-up' appears, click Redirect.
2. Select one of the options:
- Voicemail to divert the call to your voicemail.
- Reply with instant message to reply by Lync instant message instead (only available if the person is calling you using Lync, not regular phone calls).
- Set to Do Not Disturb to divert the call to your voicemail and set your Lync presence to 'Do Not Disturb'.