Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I put a phone call on hold with Lync? (Mac)
Deakin Staff who have been transitioned to Lync Voice can make and receive phone calls without a deskphone using Lync on their Mac computer.
For Windows computers, please see How do I put a phone call on hold with Lync? (Windows)
To accept an incoming call
1. When the call 'pop-up' appears, take a moment to put on your headset.
2. Click Accept to take the call.
To place a call on hold
1. In the call window, click the Pause button to place the call on hold.
To resume a call
1. In the Lync call window, click Resume.
You will re-enter the call.
To transfer a held call
2. Select Another Person or Number.
3. In the search box, type the contact name or extension number.
4. Select the contact to transfer the call to.
5. Click OK to transfer.