Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I setup my headphones or audio device in Lync? (Mac)
Deakin Staff who have been transitioned to Lync Voice can make and receive phone calls without a deskphone using Lync on their Mac computer.
For Windows computers, please see How do I setup my headphones or audio device in Lync? (Windows)
To access the Lync audio settings
1. Plug-in or connect your headphones or preferred audio device.
2. Open Lync.
3. From the Lync menu and select Preferences.
4. In the pop-up window, select the Audio tab.
The Audio panel is shown
To set your headphone or audio device settings:
1. In the Audio Device panel, select your preferred audio device.
2. Make sure your device is listed as both Speakers and Microphone and use the adjusters to set the volume levels.
3. Select your preferred secondary ring settings.
4. Close the Preferences window to save your settings.