Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
What is Microsoft Office 365 and how do I access it?
If you're a Deakin student or staff member, you probably have a version of Microsoft Office installed on your desktop or laptop computer.
Now, you can also access Office on your smartphone, tablet and any computer or laptop—even if you don't have the software installed.
Office365 lets you access everything online, in the cloud—all you need is an Internet connection.
- See your mail, calendar and contacts on any computer, using Outlook Web App.
- Store your files in OneDrive and then access them from any computer, anywhere. Deakin students and staff get 1 TB storage on OneDrive.
- Share your files with your colleagues, classmates or partners, under your control.
- Co-author documents in real-time and see all the changes as they happen.
- Follow people and documents, seeing updates in your news feed.
- Use Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote) on any computer or tablet.
- Link to the Deakin social media platform, Yammer.
- Link to online collaborative spaces for small and large teams in SharePoint.
How do I access Office 365?
There are multiple ways to access Deakin's Office 365:
- On a Deakin managed PC - select Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 365.
- On other devices (i.e., Deakin Macs, mobile devices and other non-Deakin computers) - visit www.deakin.edu.au/office365
- You'll be prompted with Deakin's Single Sign On screen. Enter your Deakin Username and Password, then click Sign on.