Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I create an ad-hoc online meeting/webinar in Skype for Business (Lync)?
With Skype for Business you can start working with people on a subject that requires immediate attention without having to schedule a meeting in advance. Quickly start an ad-hoc meeting by calling, sending an instant message (IM), or sharing your screen, a program, or file with one or more contacts.
- Open Skype for Business (Lync).
- Click the dropdown arrow on the Settings icon to display the menu.
- Select Meet Now.
- Select Use Skype for Business (full audio and video experience) and click OK.
- To invite participants to join the meeting, click the Invite People icon.
- To dial-out, type the landline or mobile phone number in the search box (no leading zero is required - simply enter the number as you would when dialling on a mobile phone).
- Select the contact in the search results and click OK.
A regular telephone call will be placed to the landline or mobile number from the online meeting.
- Repeat the dial-out process to include more participants if you want to make a multi-party phone call.