Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
I forgot my Deakin username
I am a Student
You can find out your Deakin username using the Reset forgotten password page.
1. Go to the Reset forgotten password web page and click Student.
2. Enter your Student ID and Date of Birth.
3. Your Username will be displayed at the top of the Code retrieval method screen.
Note: You must have one of the Code retrieval methods registered in StudentConnect for your Username to be displayed, otherwise you will need to contact the IT Service Desk.
I am a Staff Member
You can find out your Deakin username using the Reset forgotten password page - however you will need to go through all the steps and actually change your password before your username will be displayed on the screen.
1. Go to the Reset forgotten password web page and click Staff.
2. Enter your Staff ID, Mobile Number and Date of Birth.
3. Enter the Captcha Code that is visible on the screen in the designated field, and click Check Captcha.
4. An SMS will be sent to your mobile phone with a validation/verification code.
5. Enter the validation/verification code and click Submit.
6. Enter your New Password, then enter it again under Verify Password - click Set Password.
The password will now be reset (assuming the nominated password complies with the password requirements).
7. Your Username will be displayed at the top of the screen.