Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I update an existing ServiceNow Knowledge Base article?
This article only applies to Deakin Staff that have a Knowledge Base within the ServiceNow platform.
You may be viewing an article within the Service Now Knowledge Base and have determined that it contains content that requires an update, or is no longer relevant altogether.
- Log into ServiceNow.
- Scroll down the navigation bar to find the Knowledge Base application - click on it to expand, then click View.
- Search for the article and open it.
- Click the Open for Review button located in the top right corner. You will be presented with a read-only version of the article - detailing information about the article: ie. author, source, business service, valid to date, current workflow status etc.
- Click the Open for Review button again, the article will open in an editable submission form.
Note: If the Open for Review button is not visible during this step, it means the article already has an open submission and is currently under review - multiple submissions for the one article cannot be created.
- Assign the article to yourself and click Save. The submission will now be visible within your My Group > My Work queue.
- Update the article content - refer to the SNKB Style Guide if required.
- Once a peer review has been completed:
7.1 Set the submission status to Request Publication and assign it to a Knowledge Publisher within your area.
- If your area does not have a publisher, you can set the assignment group to Service Desk, DeS.
The submission will be reviewed, and either published or rejected based on the content provided.