Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I create a submission for a new ServiceNow Knowledge Base article?
This article is referring to the IT Help knowledge base within ServiceNow.
- Within ServiceNow, navigate to the Knowledge Base Application.
- Under the Submissions heading, click Create New Submission.
- Populate the fields:
- Knowledge Base: Select the IT Help knowledge base.
- Content owner: The group containing the Subject Matter Experts, and who will maintain the content.
- Topic: This will classify the article under a specific topic.
- Valid to: The date that the article will expire, and therefore be no longer visible in the KB.
- Assignment Group: Your work group.
- Assigned to: Yourself.
- Watson checkbox: This will allow Watson to ingest the KB article, which is recommended for all public facing articles.
- Complete the Short description (this is title of the article).
- The Text area is where the article is written - see the ServiceNow Knowledge Base Style Guide for some tips on how to add images, videos and links to your KB article.
- Add any work notes for your team or the reviewer/publisher - these are not visible to the public, and are the same as the work notes on an Incident or Request within ServiceNow.
- Set the next step (status) to Submit for review.
- If you would like a peer review within your group or have a Knowledge Publisher in your area - you can assign it to that person.
- Otherwise, assign to the Service Desk, DeS group.
- Click Submit - The Submission will now be in the ServiceNow queue of the Assignment group you selected.
I have created a Submission for my own team to peer review, where do I find it?
If you have assigned the Submission to your own work group, you can simply find it under My Group > My Group's Work within the ServiceNow application.