Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I access Skype for Business (Lync) on a Deakin computer? (Windows)
Skype for Business (Lync) is part of the Microsoft Office 2013 suite of applications, and is already setup with the required Deakin configuration as part of the standard installation.
All Deakin (EUC) PC computers issued to Staff (not Labs) will have Skype for Business (Lync) deployed to them as part of the Office 2013 suite of applications.
To open Skype for Business (Lync)
- Click on Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013 > Skype for Business 2015.
If you currently do not have Microsoft Office 2013 deployed to your Deakin PC, please contact the IT Service Desk.
Sign in to Skype for Business (Lync)
- Enter your full Deakin email address as the Sign in address:
- Staff - email@example.com
- Student - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under User name, enter your Deakin username as "du\username".
- Enter your Deakin password.
- Click Sign In.