Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to add a Deakin Skype for Business (Lync) contact in Skype
Skype users can connect with a Deakin Skype for Business (Lync) user for instant messaging and video-chat by following these instructions. The Deakin Skype for Business (Lync) user must first accept the contact request for a connection to be made.
Sign in to Skype
- Click Microsoft Account.
- Sign in with your Hotmail, Live, Outlook, or other Microsoft account.
- Once in Skype, click Add Contact.
- Enter the primary email address of the Deakin account in the search box.
- Select the account listed in the search result:
- If the Deakin account holder has added you as a contact, a contact request will appear. Click Accept to add this account to your contact list
- If the Deakin account holder has not added you as a contact, right click the search result and select Add to Contacts.
When both account holders have added each other as contacts, the status next to the contact in Skype will have a green outline. This means Skype has confirmed the contact exists, and is establishing a connection and synchronising statuses. This process can take a few minutes to complete.
Find the primary email address
- In Outlook Web App, select Find Someone, in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Enter the account name and press Enter.
- If OWA finds only one match, the contact card will appear
- If OWA finds multiple matches, they will be provided as suggestions. If this happens, select the desired account to open the contact card.
- The E-mail address field contains the primary email address of this account.