Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Troubleshooting: Outlook 2013 search issues (slow performance/mail missing)
Here are a couple of options that may resolve this issue.
Change your Outlook cache settings
Your mail volume and settings for how much mail is kept offline (in your cache) determines how often Outlook refreshes your mail and how much of your mail is kept in Outlook. It also impacts the speed of your email search. You can increase the amount of mail stored locally and also speed up your search by increasing the mail kept offline (cache frequency).
- Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select your Deakin email account and then click Change.
- Under Offline Settings, set the slider to All. Cached Exchange Mode must be turned on.
Rebuild your mailbox index
To rebuild the index:
- In Outlook, click File > Options > Search > Indexing Options.
- In the Indexing Options window click Advanced.
- Click on Rebuild.
It may take several hours to rebuild the index. Windows will do this in the background while you work. The Indexing Options window (step two) displays the current indexing status.