Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I set up Personal Usage Reporting (PUR) on my Deakin mobile service?
Personal Usage Reporting (PUR) is now available within the Jtel billing system, to enable you to easily allocate personal calls made on your corporate mobile device and make reimbursement to the University via your staff salary. This is a requirement of the Corporate Mobile Communication Devices Procedure on the guide.
- Go to http://plus.jtel.com.au/
- Click on the Need to set up PUR link.
- Enter your Surname with a full stop at the end eg "smith."
- Enter your Mobile Number with no spaces.
- Enter your Deakin username and your Deakin email address.
- Your password will be emailed to your Deakin email address.
You can login and change the allocations by using one of the methods below:
- Identify and allocate personal usage from the monthly bill. This requires the staff member to actively review personal usage on a monthly basis.
- Nominate personal usage ongoing, as a percentage of the monthly bill (e.g. 15% personal usage per month), based on an established pattern of personal usage. The staff member may review this on a periodic/annual basis in order to determine/revise the percentage of personal usage. This will be set as your default as an ongoing deduction
- Nominate personal usage ongoing, as a fixed amount of the monthly bill (e.g. $20 personal usage per month), based on an established pattern of personal usage. The staff member may review this on a periodic/annual basis in order to determine/revise the fixed amount of personal usage. This will be set as your default as an ongoing deduction.
By setting an ongoing deduction amount as an $ or % amount this removes the need for staff to login each month. Staff will continue to receive monthly transaction reports to ensure that they are keeping their monthly costs to a minimum. Staff members will be continue to be advised by email when Personal Usage Reporting (PUR) is ready to be allocated each month, even if no changes are needed.
Allocations will be deducted from your salary in the next available pay run. Two lines will appear in your payslip as CMOB and CGST one for the amount ex GST and one for GST amount.
If you are having issues setting up your PUR access, please place a request via the IT Service Desk for further assistance.