Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Deakin personal mobile - Get a Deakin personal mobile phone plan
Am I eligible?
The personal mobile phone scheme is available to staff on continuing (full time or part time) and fixed term contracts of 12 months or more. Casual, sessional and honorary staff are excluded regardless of term. You may place five (5) immediate family members under your plan but it is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough salary each month to cover the deductions.
What are the options?
Note: Apple iPad data connections & Mobile broadband devices are not available on the personal plan.
- Order a new connection - If you already have a mobile phone but no mobile service, you can transfer to the plan by ordering a new number (SIM card). You must collect your SIM card before submitting your order.
- Transfer an existing connection - If you have an existing mobile phone and number you can transfer it onto the Deakin University Mobile Plan, even if it is from another service provider. This allows you to retain the same phone number. Please ensure you are not on a pre-paid mobile service, we are unable transfer you onto the Deakin plan if your service is pre-paid.
There are no fees to transfer to the plan but your current provider may charge you to transfer from them (referred to as 'porting'), particularly if you are on a contract.
What is the process?
- Collect the right size SIM card for your handset from the IT Service Desk Agent, located in the library on each campus.
- Print and complete the required forms below if you are transferring a number across
3. Complete the Order a new connection or Transfer an existing connection email form. Ensure you attach all required documents to this email form when transferring a number across.
4. You will then be advised via email that the phone service has been connected to the Deakin University Corporate Mobile Plan.
- Your itemised phone bill will be sent to you titled 'Personal mobile call bill' around the 20th of each month.
- All email correspondence must be sent from your Deakin email address, to ensure your order and support is provided under the Deakin University Corporate Mobile Plan.
- You must ensure you have enough pay to cover your mobile charges each month (see Pricing and fees).
The links to email forms in the section above did not work
The links to Order new connection and Transfer existing connection forms in the section above will only work if you have Microsoft Outlook running on a Windows-based computer.
If you are unable to raise a request, please contact the Service Desk on x888 or 1800 463 888.