Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Wi-Fi (eduroam) on Windows 10
The following guide will assist with:
Connecting to Eduroam
- Select Wi-Fi and connect to eduroam
- Enter your email@example.com
- Enter your password
If you are having trouble connecting to eduroam by following the steps above please follow the instructions below to connect using Deakin Setup.
Connecting to Eduroam using Deakin Setup
- Select the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar.
- Ensure wi-fi is on.
- Select Deakin Setup.
- Uncheck the Connect automatically box, select then Connect.
- Go to deakin.edu.au (if it doesn't automatically happen) and select JoinNow.
- Download and run the file as prompted.
- If prompted by SmartScreen - click Run anyway.
- Select Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
- Type your Deakin Username and Deakin Password.
- Select Next.
- Click Done when the configuration process has finished.
Whenever you return to a Deakin campus, your device will automatically connect to the Eduroam wireless network.
Can't connect to Eduroam?
You can try to remove/forget the existing eduroam setup on your device, then complete the eduroam setup again.