Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I set my advanced ring settings in Skype for Business (Lync)? (Windows)
You can set more advanced Sound settings of Skype for Business (Lync) to control the behaviour of the sound and ringer for different types of calls.
To access the advanced sound settings
- Open Skype for Business.
- Click the Settings icon (or dropdown and select Tools > Options).
The Options window is shown. This is where you can set your preferred options for Skype for Business.
- Select the Ringtones and Sounds options.
- Select Sound Settings to open your PC sound settings.
Your PC sound settings are shown.
- On the Sounds tab, scroll down to display the Lync sound settings.
To prevent a ring-tone sounding for a second call
You may prefer to prevent the ringer sounding when a second call comes in while you are currently on a Skype for Business call.
- In the Sounds tab under the Lync sounds, select the Second Incoming Call event.
- Select None from the Sounds dropdown to suppress sound for this event.
- Click OK to save the sound settings.