Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I call a phone number from a video conference unit?
The University video conference system can be used to call standard telephone numbers; both internal to Deakin and external.
These steps are similiar for each type of video conference controller - Cisco Touch 8 and 10 or AMX Touch Panel.
||AMX Touch Panel
- Select Dial (or Call).
- If required, change the input type from a keyboard view to the number pad view.
- Enter the phone number. You can dial local, STD and mobile numbers:
- When calling an external number, enter a 0 before the phone number.
- Interstate numbers will need the area code.
- Deakin internal numbers can be called via their extention.
- Press Call.