Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Connecting to Wi-Fi (eduroam) on Windows 10
- Select the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar.
- Ensure wi-fi is on.
- Select Deakin Setup.
- Uncheck the Connect automatically box, select then Connect.
- Go to deakin.edu.au (if it doesn't automatically happen) and select JoinNow.
- Download and run the file as prompted.
- If prompted by SmartScreen - click Run anyway.
- Select Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
- Type your Deakin Username and Deakin Password.
- Select Next.
- Click Done when the configuration process has finished.
Whenever you return to a Deakin campus, your device will automatically connect to the Eduroam wireless network.
Can't connect to Eduroam?
- Select the wireless icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (near the clock) to bring up the network selection menu.
- Select Network Settings.
- In the Network Settings window, make sure Wireless is selected and then select Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
- Select Eduroam, then Forget.
- Run through the setup process again.