Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I add a contact in Skype for Business (Lync)? (Windows)
You can save your regular contact numbers, including your external contacts, in your Skype for Business contacts list. Your Contacts are organised into the groups that you create and control. This keeps your regular contacts close at hand for quick dialling when you need them.
To create a new Contact Group to organise contacts
- Open Skype for Business (Lync).
Your Contact List Groups are shown under the Groups tab.
- Click the Add a Contact icon.
- Select Create a New Group.
- Type a name for the new group and press Enter.
Your new group will be added at the bottom of your Contacts group. Drag the group to a new position to reorder the groups in your list.
To add an internal contact number to your Contacts List
- Type the name or extension number of the Contact in the search box.
- Right-click on on the Contact in the results, select Add to Contacts List and then select the Group to add the contact to.
The contact will be listed under the Group you selected.
- Hover over the profile photo to see the options for communicating with this Contact.
To add an external phone number to your Contacts List
- Type the external Contact's phone number in the search box.
- Right-click on on the number in the results, select Add to Contacts List and then select the Group to add the contact to.
The contact number will be listed under the Group you selected.
To add a name to the Contact
- Right click on the number in the Contact List and select See Contact Card.
- In the Contact Card window, click Add to add this contact to your Outlook contacts list.
- Enter the contact name and other details in the window, then click Save.
- Close the Contact Card.
The Contact Name will now be shown in your Contact List.