Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How to remove answered call messages for a Shared Line in Skype for Business (Lync)
A Skype for Business (Lync) Shared Line lets nominated staff members answer phone calls to a central number, such as a helpline or information line. eSolutions configure the Shared Line and assign an administrator and nominated staff. Staff can sign-in to the Group when "on-duty" to answer incoming calls to the Group number, and sign-out when "off-duty"
By default, email notifications are created for answered and non-answered calls. As most people don't require notifications for answered calls, it is possible to create a new inbox rule to automatically move and delete these email notifications for the shared mailbox.
Access the Skype Shared Lines webpage
- Visit the webpage at https://www.deakin.edu.au/shared-lines
A webpage will open in your web browser that lets you sign-in to or sign-out of any of the shared lines you are assigned to.
Update your call forwarding settings
- Access the Skype Shared Lines webpage.
- Click the Settings icon next to the shared line you wish to change.
The settings window will open, allowing you to adjust your call forwarding settings.
- Make a note of the target account.
Open the account in OWA
- Open OWA for the account by going to the following URL, but replace USERNAME-HERE with the target account from above:
- Go to Options.
- Select Organize email, then Inbox rules, then click + and select Create a new rule for arriving messages…
- Click More options…
- Select the following values for the new inbox rule.
- Type Content-Class: voice-uc, then click +, type in Content-Class: missedcall and click + again, then select OK.
- Under Do the following, select the following values.
- Select the folder you would like the messages move to.
- Your rule should now look similar to below:
- Click Save.
Apply a retention policy to the folder to only keep items for a specified time
- Go back to OWA:
- Right click the folder you selected in the rule, and select Assign policy and choose how long you would like to retain items in this folder.