Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I add someone to a Shared Line in Skype for Business (Lync)?
A Skype for Business (Lync) Shared Line lets nominated staff members answer phone calls to a central number, such as a helpline or information line. eSolutions configure the Shared Line and assign an administrator and nominated staff.
If you are the administrator of a group, you can add or remove people from the Shared Line.
Access the Skype Shared Lines webpage
- Access the Skype Shared Lines webpage at https://apps.deakin.edu.au/shared-lines/
A webpage will open in your web browser that lets you view the shared lines you are assigned to.
Book mark the web page in your browser.
Add a person to a Shared Line
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click the link for the shared line group in the Shared Line Settings window.
A new webpage will open to give you access to the group in the Identify and Access Management System. This is where you can adjust the membership of the group.
- Click the Edit icon next to the group.
- On the Members::Users tab, type the name of the person and select their username from the search dropdown, then click Add.
- Return to the Skype Shared Lines webpage at https://apps.deakin.edu.au/shared-lines/ and click on the button to sign the person in or out as required (To receive and make calls on behalf of the Shared group staff members will need to be signed in).
Remove a person from a Shared Line
- Follow steps 1 to 4 above
- On the Members::Users tab, select the person from the Current Members list, then click Delete Selected.