Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I add a shared mailbox in Outlook 2013/2016 (Windows)?
Note: Permissions must be granted to the shared mailbox before a staff member can access the contents of a mailbox.
- Click the File tab > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select your Deakin email address in the account list.
- Click Change > More Settings > Advanced tab > Add.
- Enter the shared account name and click OK.
- Click Apply > OK > Next > Finish.
- The shared mailbox will now automatically display in your Folder pane in Outlook.
Note: If you have only recently been given access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox will automatically appear in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
- Open a shared calendar associated with a shared mailbox (Microsoft website)