Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I request new software that is not in the Software Store?
The Software Store makes it easy for your to find, request and download software for your Deakin PC that is not already available in your Software Center.
If there is software that you need for your work that is not already available in your Software Center or the Software Store, you can request that it be made available by lodging a request in the Software Store.
Note: There may be a delay in the software becoming available for your machine while your request is processed. If your software request is urgent, please contact the eSolutions Finance Team.
How to request software that is not in the store
- Follow the shortcut to the Software Store in your Start menu, or visit the Software Store in your web browser.
- Search first to see if the software you need is already available in the Software Store. You can search using the name or the software type (e.g. video editing).
- If the software you need is not found in the Store, search for Request Software.
- In the Request Software not in Software Store option, click Add.
- Click on your Cart.
- To enter details of your software request, click View.
- Complete the mandatory fields (marked with a red asterisk) making sure to include a clear justification of why you need access to the software.
- Click Submit.
What happens next?
Once the request has been received by the eSolutions Finance team, the details will be checked and then passed on to the eSolutions Desktop Unit to deploy the software to your machine.