Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
How do I securely connect to Deakin off-site using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) (iOS devices)?
Install the Cisco AnyConnect software
- Launch the App Store. Search for Cisco AnyConnect and install the application.
- When the installation is complete, tap OPEN to launch Cisco AnyConnect.
- Tap Allow.
Set up the app
- Tap the on/off tab next to AnyConnect VPN, to turn the VPN on.
- Enter the Server Address:
- If you’re working from home or from a trusted network, type vpn.deakin.edu.au/unencrypted and tap Save.
- If you’re working overseas or from an unknown network (like public Wi-Fi), type vpn.deakin.edu.au/encrypted and tap Save.
- Tap Allow
- Enter your personal iPhone passcode when prompted
5. Tap the on/off tab next to AnyConnect VPN to turn the VPN on.
6. You now need to enter your Deakin username and password.
7. If you have registered for Multi-factor Authentication (Duo Mobile), open the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device to obtain a PIN (see image below) and tap Connect. Or, enter the word ‘PUSH’ in the ‘Second Password’ field and tap Connect, then tap Approve on your mobile device.
8. You’ll be able to tell that you are connected to the VPN, when ‘Connected’ appears, as shown below.
Disconnect the Cisco AnyConnect (VPN) connection
1. To end your secure connection, tap the on/off tab next to AnyConnect VPN.
- Second Password will appear next time as ‘Enter PIN or ‘PUSH”.
- vpn.deakin.edu.au/encrypted will appear next time as Deakin VPN Encrypted Internet.
- vpn.deakin.edu.au/unencrypted will appear next time as Deakin VPN Unencrypted Internet.